4:08pm PDT, Apr 9, 2021
Kate Hudson had some fun with face filters — and a certain Bravo exec may be having a flashback
Uh … yikes?! Fitness lover and wellness fan Kate Hudson shared a super creepy video on April 9 that appeared to involve a filter magnifying her lips and eerily smoothing out her cheeks that made it look as if she’d just gotten a whole mess of fillers and injections. The short clip seems to just show Kate and a friend playing with the filter, as the actress, 41, removes her hands from her face and tries talking with the filter on. “Just let me live guys! Let me LIVE! #nofilter,” she sarcastically captioned the post. Among her first commenters? “Real Housewives” executive producer Andy Cohen — a guy who knows more than a little bit about surgically plumped lips. “I’ve seen this movie and I hate how it ends,” he cracked in the comments. Kate clearly got a kick out of the reference and replied with a cry-laughing emoji. “Omg @bravoandy,” someone else wrote beneath Andy’s quip. “Best answer of the year.”
Keep reading to see how Kim Kardashian topped her own Forbes billionaire status …
RELATED: Celeb plastic surgery transformations
Kim Kardashian’s Skims shapewear is now valued at $1.6 billion, putting her own net worth well above $1 billion
Earlier this week, Forbes confirmed Kim Kardashian West is officially a billionaire. According to the New York Times, however, the 40-year-old’s net worth is actually hovering well above the billion-dollar mark. That’s thanks in large part to the $154 million in new funding her Skims shapewear company has raised, which, along with its impressive past year in sales, puts the young brand at a valuation of $1.6 billion — more than three times the $500 million valuation Forbes reported. Kim is set to remain the company’s largest shareholder, sharing a majority stake in Skims with her business partner Jens Grede, in the wake of the huge deal, the Times reports. Kim’s wealth was estimated at around $780 million this past October.
RELATED: Kim Kardashian’s biggest career moments
Rachael Kirkconnell spotted entering and leaving Matt James’ home amid rumors their romance is back on
It’s been less than a month since former “Bachelor” star Matt James announced he was taking a break from dating after his messy split from Rachael Kirkconnell. But a new report from Page Six gives new credence rumors Matt’s actually trying to work things out with Rachael, who he picked on the Season 25 “Bachelor” finale — then dumped over racially insensitive photos and posts she shared in 2018. According to two Page Six sources, Rachael, who’s based in Georgia, was spotted walking inside Matt’s home in New York City’s Lower East Side neighborhood on April 7. The outlet claims Rachael appeared to have entered with a key. She was also reportedly seen leaving the building the same afternoon while Matt was “out running errands.” The report comes just one day after “Bachelor” tipster “Reality Steve” tweeted that the two were back on and “currently in New York together.” Meanwhile, the Instagram gossip account DeuxMoi posted a photo of what appeared to be Rachael and Matt together in Brooklyn. A Page Six source close to Matt, however, previously dismissed the romance rumors, though, telling the outlet, “Matt and Rachael are not back together. They are working on building a friendship outside of the show and away from the noise.” The insider added, “The past few months have been extremely difficult for Matt,” and said he’s “not ready to throw himself into a relationship right now.” Matt, who was the ABC franchise’s first Black “Bachelor” said on his “After the Rose” special that he concluded he couldn’t be with someone who just a few years ago had attended an Antebellum-themed party and “liked” posts with images of Confederate flags. Those and other indications, Matt said. led him to realize Rachael wasn’t “understanding my Blackness.” Following their split, Rachael said on Instagram, “I truly believe he was the love of my life.”
RELATED: The biggest ‘Bachelor’ and ‘Bachelorette’ scandals
DMX, 50, remembered as a ‘warrior’ after being taken off life support
Hollywood mourned the loss of a game-changing rapper and actor on April 9, after the family of DMX (born Earl Simmons and known as “X” to friends and peers) announced he’d been taken off life support at New York’s White Plains Hospital. “Earl was a warrior who fought till the very end,” the family said in a statement announcing his death. “He loved his family with all of his heart and we cherish the times we spent with him.” X, who was open about his struggles with addiction, was hospitalized last week after suffering a heart attack, apparently caused by a drug overdose. Following the news of his death, stars including Gabrielle Union, Jada Pinkett Smith, Ice T, Nas and others marked his passing on social media. “Even though you had battles you TOUCHED so many through your MUSIC and when you would PRAY so many people FELT THAT!” Missy Elliott wrote. “This is heavy for the HipHop family but your LEGACY LIVES ON & your SPIRIT. Continued Prayers for X family & friends for STRENGTH/HEALING.” X was 50.
Dave Chappelle claims ‘celebrities,’ not Obama’s staff, left nasty notes at the White House for incoming Trump aides
Dave Chappelle just cleared up a mystery about the White House transition from Barack Obama to Donald Trump. In 2019, Stephanie Grisham, the Trump administration’s third press secretary and a previous member of its transition team, said in a radio interview that when she and her staff arrived at the White House, “… every office was filled with Obama books, and we had notes left behind that said, ‘You will fail,’ ‘You aren’t going to make it.'” President Obama’s former aides immediately denied that they’d left nasty notes behind, with many posting photos of the supportive notes they said they left Stephanie and others. She later dismissed the “silly controversy,” but the story stuck around (possibly because she never held one press conference). Fast forward to this week … On the April 6 edition of Naomi Campbell’s “No Filter” podcast, Dave Chappelle claimed to have seen the guilty note-leavers do their deed — and he said they were “celebrities.” According to Dave, it went down at “one of the last big parties the Obamas threw” at the White House. “Remember when the Trump administration moved in, they said the Obama staff left dirty notes for us in all the drawers and all the cabinets?” the comic asked Naomi. “I saw this happening. I’m not going to say who did it, but it was celebrities writing all this crazy s— and putting them all over there,” he continued. “I saw them doing it, so when I saw that on the news I laughed real hard.”
Channing Tatum has a ‘Magic Mike’ reality show in the works
Attention, thong fans! Channing Tatum and director Steven Soderbergh are teaming up to find a real-life version of your favorite, fictional “Xquisite” male stripper. Yep, “The Real Magic Mike” — a competition reality series slated to arrive on HBO Max — is now in nationwide casting mode, according to Entertainment Weekly. The winner will take home a pile of cash and the chance “to perform on ‘The Magic Mike Live’ stage in Las Vegas,'” per HBO Max. A description of the show from the streamer promises to transform 10 guys who have “lost their magic” into strip club-worthy male dancers who “will bare their souls and more as they evolve their bodies, learn to perform spectacular routines, and develop a new level of self-confidence.” The press release adds that as contestants, “strip off their clothes, they will rid themselves of emotional baggage and regain their mojo …” No word yet if Channing’s executive producer role means he’ll make a cameo — or if the long-awaited “Magic Mike” sequel, “Magic Mike XXL,” will ever make it to the big screen.
‘Glee’ cast, Demi Lovato reunite to honor Naya Rivera at the GLAAD Media Awards
Naya Rivera’s former “Glee” costars came together for a special tribute to the late actress at the 2021 GLAAD Media Awards on April 8. Naya, who died over the summer during a boating trip with her young son, played Santana Lopez on the long-running show, which saw Santana comes out as gay 10 years ago in Season 3. In honor of the anniversary, former “Glee” guest star Demi Lovato introduced the cast reunion and praised Naya for her character’s “impact on LGBTQ teens and Latinx LGBTQ representation on television.,” according to HuffPo. “I will always cherish the chance I got to play Naya’s girlfriend,” Demi shared. “Her ambitions and accomplishments inspired Latina women all over the world. That’s the power of a show like ‘Glee.'” The tribute continued with Amber Riley, Jenna Ushkowitz, Matthew Morrison, Heather Morris, Kevin McHale, Chris Colfer, Darren Criss, Jane Lynch and Harry Shum Jr. sharing anecdotes and memories about Naya, including her sense of humor and her skills as an actress, singer, dancer and mom. Naya’s own mother, Yolanda Previtire, also shared a message, saying “Naya would be honored” by the recognition and recalling how excited Naya was when her character was set to come out as a lesbian. “Little did we know that she would impact so many people in the LGBTQ community,” Yolanda said. “Her desire was to always be an advocate to those who did not have a voice. I don’t believe that she realized how important she was to this world. I am grateful that my eldest daughter helped to change the landscape of how we view and see each other.”
What’s next for the royal family after Prince Philip’s death?
Queen Elizabeth has begun eight days of mourning in the wake of the death of her husband, Prince Philip, who died “peacefully” at age 99 on April 9 at Windsor Castle, according to a statement from Buckingham Palace. During the queen’s mourning period, she will abstain from all royal duties, including giving her Royal Assent to the legislature and duties that would normally be done in private, My London News reported after the Duke of Edinburgh’s death. Following the queen’s mourning period, the royal family will enter a mourning period for 30 days. While those royal traditions are expected to proceed, People reports it remains to be seen how the coronavirus pandemic will affect plans for Philip’s funeral, which is expected to be limited by safety restrictions. According to the BBC, the late duke requested “minimal fuss” after his passing: Rather than a state funeral, he’s expected to be honored with a ceremonial funeral at Windsor Castle and a service at St. George’s Chapel. He will also simply “lie at rest at Windsor Castle,” rather than in lying state, although a “gun salute” has reportedly been scheduled to take place over the weekend. Philip’s son, Prince Charles, and his wife, Camilla, along with Prince William, Duchess Kate, Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan have all paid their respects on social media. Given Harry’s currently strained relationship with his family and Meghan’s pregnancy, it’s not clear whether the couple will fly from California to the U.K. to join Harry’s grieving relatives, but a royal source tells the New York Post, “Harry was extremely close to his grandfather. He will, of course, be there, no matter how difficult relations are between the Sussexes and the family.”
Diddy’s open letter to GM goes viral
Sean “Diddy” Combs wants to see corporate America — and General Motors, in particular –invest in the Black community, rather than simply making statements about “solidarity.” In a lengthy open letter on his Revolt platform on April 8, the Bad Boy founder shared a post titled, “If You Love Us, Pay Us: A Letter From Sean Combs to Corporate America.” The letter opens by referencing George Floyd’s death at the hands of a white police officer. “The same feet these companies use to stand with us in solidarity are the same feet they use to stand on our necks,” Diddy writes. He goes to accuse GM of having, “listed my network, Revolt, as an example of the Black-owned media it supports,” without fair or equitable compensation. “Revolt, just like other Black-owned media companies, fights for crumbs while GM makes billions of dollars every year from the Black community,” Diddy argues. “Corporations like General Motors have exploited our culture, undermined our power, and excluded Black entrepreneurs from participating in the value created by Black consumers,” he continues, giving data from 2019 to show that “out of the roughly $3 billion General Motors spent on advertising” that year, only an estimated “$10 million was invested in Black-owned media.” Calling that percentage, “disrespectful that the same community that represents 14% of the population and spends over $1.4 trillion annually,” he asserts that corporations should be investing in Black-owned media at the same percentage rate that those communities feed companies’ revenue streams. “We are prepared to weaponize our dollars,” Diddy warns. Speaking to the Detroit Free Press last week, a GM rep said the company was invetsibng more heavily in Black-owned businesses.