9:10pm PDT, Sep 29, 2022
Anthony Bourdain’s partner Asia Argento appears to have responded to a new unauthorized biography about the late chef
Amid controversy over the new unauthorized biography about Anthony Bourdain, his final hours and private details about his relationship with Asia Argento, the actress shared what appeared to be a reaction to the book on Instagram Stories. It was a picture of her wearing a T-shirt featuring an image of bodybuilder Ronnie Coleman, on top of which were the words, “Stop Busting My B****,” People reported on Thursday (Sept. 29). Those same words are the last ones Asia communicated to Anthony, via text, before he died by suicide in 2018, according to the first page of the book, “Down and Out in Paradise: The Life of Anthony Bourdain,” by Charles Leerhsen. Asia’s final text to Anthony was reportedly a response to his question, “Is there anything I can do?” The couple had been fighting a lot at the time, according to the author, but the chef also expressed deep dissatisfaction about other major aspects of his life, including his fame and his work, in his final days. In response to Asia’s “stop busting my b****” text, Anthony simply wrote, “Okay,” according to the book. The New York Times reported earlier this week that family members, former colleagues and close friends of Anthony’s have slammed the book as defamatory, “fabricated,” and “totally wrong.” In an email to the Times, Asia said she hadn’t read the book but, “I wrote clearly to [the author] that he could not publish anything I said to him.”
Keep reading for more news …
RELATED: Celebrities we’ve lost in 2022
Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson were reportedly engaged when he cheated with Maralee Nichols
Khloe Kardashian’s on-off relationship with Tristan Thompson has been a bit messier than even Khloe’s family realized. It turns out Tristan proposed before he impregnated another woman while he and Khloe were still together. According to a new report from Buzzfeed, there were two proposals, the second of which Khloe accepted, meaning she and Tristan were actually engaged when the NBA star’s paternity scandal broke in December 2021. That’s not how Khloe framed her version of Tristan’s marriage proposal history on this week’s “The Kardashians,” though. In a confessional on the Thursday (Sept. 29) episode, Khloe seemed to say Tristan proposed in December 2020 and she declined. Citing “sources with knowledge of the situation,” however, BuzzFeed reported Thursday that Tristan “actually proposed to Khloe for the first time in December 2019 when they weren’t officially together.” BuzzFeed’s source claims Khloe declined at the time, but the stars “revisited the subject of an engagement in February 2021, and this time she accepted.” The outlet’s insider goes on to say that while the two kept the engagement private, they were, in fact, still engaged up until Tristan’s paternity scandal broke in December 2021. Either way, Khloe said on this week’s show that she didn’t even tell her sisters Tristan had proposed because she was still wary of what was in store for the romance, given Tristan’s multiple past cheating incidents. “I need to make sure this is a totally different relationship because I want to be proud to say I’m engaged to anyone,” Khloe said, “and that’s why I said I’m not comfortable accepting this right now because I’m not excited to tell my family.” Ultimately, of course, Khloe and Tristan split, he ‘fessed up to fathering a child with Maralee Nichols, and the two proceeded with their plans to welcome a sibling for their daughter via surrogate. “Now that my son is here, I get to move on and I get to enjoy,” Khloe said at one point during the Season 2 premiere of the Hulu show. “It’s almost like I get to close that chapter and be done with this trauma and put it behind me.”
RELATED: Check out the biggest bombshells from Season 2 of ‘The Kardashians’
George Clooney reveals ‘terrible’ parenting mistake he and Amal made with their twins
George and Amal Clooney have accidentally given their 5-year-old twins, Ella and Alexander, a potentially dangerous secret weapon. “We’ve made a terrible mistake,” George told Gayle King this week on “CBS Mornings.” “We taught them Italian,” he deadpanned. “But we don’t speak Italian,” the star continued. “So, we’ve armed them with a language they can harm us with — and we both don’t really know what they’re saying.” George added that Ella and Alexander actually speak French in addition to Italian, unlike their dad. “I’m from Kentucky. English is my second language,” he joked. The Clooneys sat down with Gayle to promote the inaugural Albie Awards, which they launched via the Clooney Foundation for Justice to “recognize journalists, human rights leaders and other global justice defenders who are at great risk for what they do,” according to a press release. Featuring Amal, a human rights attorney, and George as hosts, the Sept. 29 ceremony also boasts celeb presenters including Meryl Streep, Dua Lipa, Oscar Isaac, Julia Roberts and Michelle Obama, and performances by Bruce Springsteen and more.
RELATED: Our favorite twins in pop culture
Johnny Depp and Amber Heard’s defamation trial returns via ‘Hot Take: The Depp/Heard Trial’
If the streaming feed from Johnny Depp and Amber Heard’s explosive defamation trial over the summer somehow left you wanting more of the pair’s post-marital messiness, you’re in luck. That’s thanks to Tubi, which airs a new, made-for-TV movie about the former couple’s courtroom drama on Friday (Sept. 30). A teaser clip (via Entertainment Weekly) of “Hot Take: The Depp/Heard Trial” shows Amber (Megan Davis) on the witness stand testifying in grim detail about the various ugly incidents that allegedly went down during her marriage to Johnny, as well as why she finds herself traumatized all over again while rehashing it all. Johnny (Mark Hapka) pops up in the trailer too, giving his own version of the events that led to the marriage’s highly publicized demise. “I have the right to tell the truth,” says “Amber,” per EW. “I have the right to say what happened to me. I hope I get my voice back. It’s all that I want.” The clip shows “Johnny,” meanwhile, telling the court: “This has not been easy for any of us. No matter what happens, I did tell the truth and I have spoken up [on] what I’ve been carrying on my back for six years.” “Hot Take” also reportedly touches on James Franco’s connection to Johnny and Amber — he was slated to serve as a witness but was not called — and the controversy around Amber’s treatment on social media during the trial. In “real life,” the jury decided Johnny and Amber had defamed each other, but awarded significantly more damages to Johnny, who initially filed the suit over Amber’s Washington Post op-ed about survivors of domestic abuse. He claimed she implied he abused her with the piece, though she never named him.
New details emerge in Coolio’s death as Michelle Pfeiffer, more stars mourn his passing
New details are emerging about rapper Coolio’s unexpected death at age 59 on Wednesday (Sept. 28). The “Gangsta’s Paradise” rapper was reportedly found in the bathroom of a friend’s house in Los Angeles, and is believed to have suffered a heart attack. In a new statement to Entertainment Tonight, the Los Angeles Fire Department confirmed paramedics attempted to revive Coolio, born Artis Leon Ivey Jr., for 45 minutes after they arrived on the scene at 4 p.m. before he was pronounced dead. No drugs or drug paraphernalia was found in the bathroom, per reports. Coolio’s death appeared to have been a shock to those who knew and loved the rapper, including Michelle Pfeiffer, who starred in the film “Gangsta’s Paradise” appeared in. “Heartbroken to hear of the passing of the gifted artist @coolio,” she wrote on social media Wednesday. “A life cut entirely too short. As some of you may know I was lucky enough to work with him on ‘Dangerous Minds’ in 1995. He won a Grammy for his brilliant song on the soundtrack – which I think was the reason our film saw so much success,” she continued. “I remember him being nothing but gracious. 30 years later I still get chills when I hear the song. Sending love and light to his family. Rest in Power, Artis Leon Ivey Jr.” Ice Cube was among the first celebrities to post about the star’s death. “This is sad news,” he wrote on Twitter. “I witness first hand this man’s grind to the top of the industry. Rest In Peace.” Speaking to ET on Wednesday, John Legend also expressed surprise about the news. “We are losing people at too young of an age. Coolio made some great songs, it was a soundtrack of our lives,” he told the outlet. “He is gone too early and tragically, it’s so sad.”
Kelly Osbourne reveals gestational diabetes diagnosis
Kelly Osbourne was recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes, a type of the disorder that can surface when a pregnant woman’s body struggles to make enough insulin. The expectant star opened up about the diagnosis in a new interview with People, explaining that she’d noticed “rapid weight gain, fatigue and ankle swelling” as well as sugar cravings, which she’d never had before. When her doctor diagnosed her, Kelly, 37, admitted she initially worried she’d caused it somehow. “At first I thought it was something that I had done,” she said. “I only got diagnosed with it well into my third trimester, so it wasn’t like I developed it, as some people get it, from the get-go when they’re pregnant. I got it in my third trimester and basically, I thought it was something that I had done wrong.” Once she knew what was going on, though, she was able to make changes that helped dramatically. “As soon as I cut the sugar out, I had a bit of a headache for a while. I’m not going to lie. It’s a bit of a shock to your system,” she shared. “Overall, my skin cleared up. I don’t have to wear any makeup. My friends that haven’t seen me since I started my third trimester, now that they see me, they’re like, ‘Whoa. What changed? Your skin is perfect,’ and I know that sometimes that has to do with pregnancy, but I had pregnancy acne. I cut the sugar out, and it completely went away.” Kelly continued. “I haven’t had to wear compression socks once since I cut the sugar out, which is unreal for pregnancy,” she added. “I just have more energy. I’m sleeping better. You don’t realize what it’s doing to you until you take it away is all I can say.” Kelly, who’s expecting her first child with Slipknot’s Sid Wilson, also chatted about other ways pregnancy’s affecting her, including the drive she now has. “I wish I had this kind of incentive prior because I’ve never been able to stick to anything a hundred percent the way that I have been doing this because I’m not doing it for myself. I’m doing it for my baby,” she explained. “But I have learned — I can’t even begin to tell you the changes that it’s made.”
Kate Hudson says she’s still emotional about son Ryder going off to college
Kate Hudson’s still adjusting to life at home with two kids instead of three, now that her 18-year-old son, Ryder Robinson, has gone off to college. “It’s hard to even talk about,” Kate told “Access Hollywood” on Wednesday (Sept. 28). “I’ll have a moment where I’ll just start crying because something will just hit me that he’s not here. But he’s having a blast. He’s in the city. He’s, like, ready. That makes me so excited. I’m so excited for his future.” Kate, who shares Ryder with ex-husband Chris Robinson, added, “When you see your kids thriving and feeling good in their skin, that’s all I can ask for.” Still, the actress says even her positive emotions about Ryder growing up can be “overwhelming.” Recalling a phone conversation with her eldest from Tuesday, Kate said she got emotional and welled up. “He was in such a good place … and I remember that time in my life, of like everything is possible,” she said. “I was gonna cry.” That’s when her daughter Rani, 3, swooped in to help. “Rani goes, ‘Mommy …,'” Kate recalled. “‘Are those happy tears?'” Yep, she said. They sure were. In addition to Rani, whose dad is the actress’ partner Danny Fujikawa, and Ryder, Kate shares 11-year-old son Bingham with her ex, Matt Bellamy.