Lifestyle

I’m a cleaning expert – I cleared a home so filthy it was a BIOHAZARD after owners lived without water for YEARS

A PROFESSIONAL grimebuster has declared a property as a “biohazard” after clearing out a horror home that was swamped in 20 years worth of rubbish. 

George Mensah was called to one of his “worst jobs” ever after a man discovered the state of his elderly parents home in Liverpool.


The entire three-bedroom home was piled up at chest height with junk, making some rooms completely inaccessible. 

But when the dad was rushed to hospital paramedics were forced to enter the property and discovered the shocking living conditions before making the family aware.

Paramedics allegedly branded the home a ‘biohazard’ and warned that the ill old man was at risk of catching sepsis or other infections due to the unclean environment.

George was horrified to discover that the occupants had been emptying the toilet by hand before their concerned son intervened. 

READ MORE PROPERTY

Bargain house numbered 666 on sale for just £30k – but there’s a spooky catch

I’ll be fined £50k if I don’t demolish a summer house built for our daughters

The home had no running water or gas in the property, forcing the couple to live off  water bottles, a portable cooker and electric heaters. 

After seven days of clearing the hoarded trash, the property remained uninhabitable due to the extensive damage and thick mould and grime covering every surface. 

George advised the family to cut their losses on the property and auction it, saying: “The place stunk and there were flies and maggots everywhere. It was absolutely terrible.

“There was stagnant water and milk bottles that had separated with sour milk in them behind the front door.

Most read in Property

HAUNTED HOUSE

Bargain house numbered 666 on sale for just £30k – but there’s a spooky catch

FINE FOR SUN

I’ll be fined £50k if I don’t demolish a summer house built for our daughters

ISA ISA BABY

My ISA mistake nearly cost me £2,000 and my £105,000 first home

LIFE OF GRIME

Four bedroom house on sale for £300k – but it’s going to be a LOT of work

“On the hoarding scale it was a ten – you can’t get anything in there at all. It was definitely one of the worst ones I’ve done.

“You can’t open the doors because they put their arm in and throw things into the room so it’s like an avalanche when you try to open it.

“It was all just junk. There was some good quality stuff like a coffee machine but it was just absolutely ruined and contaminated.

“We were breaking things as we were going in because there was nowhere to stand. In the living room it was up to chest height.

“There was dust everywhere and it was rat infested – there was chewed up paper and mess everywhere.

“Even for a fit person to live in those conditions has got to have a detrimental effect on your health because there’s airborne bacteria you’re breathing in.”

Geroge has been running his business for ten years to clear out hoarded properties in Merseyside. 

The couple who owned the property had refused to allow their children to visit them at home for years and insisted on meeting up in public places, hiding the mess piling up in their home.


It took the clearance professional and five of his workers seven days to empty the hoarded house, in which time they filled eight skips.

George added: “When we went in the son broke down and cried. It was an emotional one really.

“They were just living in the bedroom because you couldn’t get in most of the rooms and they were cooking on a little portable cooker and using a kettle.

“They had no running water so they were making cups of tea with bottles of water and washing themselves with baby wipes.

“They had no gas either so for heating they had a string of electrical heaters daisy-chained around the house, which is very dangerous.

“The bathroom toilet had leaked so over years all the wood had rotted – you could put a ball point pen into it and it just crumbled – so they had to empty the toilet.

.”The son said the parents kept saying they needed to go back to the house and get this and that but the paramedics told them ‘don’t go in the property’ because it was a biohazard.

“We tried to retrieve some possessions like jewellery, photographs and heirlooms but everything else was ruined.

Read More on The Sun

Evil mum HOWLS as she’s found guilty of killing son, 5, with stepdad & teen

Boxing icon Mike Tyson ‘repeatedly punches passenger in face during plane attack’

“They walked away with nothing, just the clothes on their back and that was it.

“They were impressed by how much we’d cleared out but they were still sad because it’s like your house going on fire and the firemen put it out – you’ve still lost your house.”

Source: Read Full Article



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button