Vegans, vegetarians or reducetarians on vacation do not have to limit their diets to salads whilst at LUX* Resorts & Hotels, SALT and Tamassa. This Veganuary, all restaurants operating in the three hospitality brands under The Lux Collective’s umbrella launched their Keen on Green concept that everyone (regardless of dietary preference) will love.
Under the guidance of Corporate Chef Dave Minten, the resorts’ chefs created delicious dishes bursting with nutritious goodness under these guidelines:
- Deep-frying avoided wherever possible
- Using less saturated oil and substituted with healthier options such as extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and hemp oil
- Prepared with cooking methods such as steaming, baking, grilling, slow cooking at low temperature
- Raw methods of preparation where possible
- Use of refined oils and non-sustainable ingredients are not permitted
- Ingredients are sourced locally to reduce carbon footprint
“Each and every dish are created in such a way that even someone who isn’t vegetarian, or vegan is keen to try the plant-based dish. These ingredient-driven dishes require creativity and modern cooking with vegetables at the core,” said Chef Minten.
If you are reading this article anywhere other than on A Luxury Travel Blog, then the chances are that this content has been stolen without permission.
Please make a note of the web address above and contact A Luxury Travel Blog to advise them of this issue.
Thank you for your help in combatting content theft.
The Keen on Green concept also extends to kids’ menus alongside the classic choices, offering the juniors balanced and nutritious meals.
Minten continued, “We take our little guests very seriously. We know the future belongs to them and that our planet needs our care. Our chefs had fun reimagining kids’ menus that empower our little guests to make healthier choices.”
For more information on the resorts’ Keen on Green offerings, click on the links above.