A new incredible preview for Action Comics #1033 showcases Superman, Supergirl and Superboy looming large as they descend from the sky.
Warning: includes a preview for Action Comics #1033!
A new preview has been released for Action Comics #1033 which sees Superman and his family descending from the sky in an intimidating manner. Joining Superman on his latest adventure are Supergirl and Superboy. Superman’s son, Jonathan Kent, has been assisting his father ever since he got back from the future. Supergirl was brought in when a Warzoon ship full of supposed ancient Kryptonians landed as they needed all hands on deck to figure out the situation.
Heroes like Superman often become far more intimidating than normal when fighting villains. This is because they are so committed to stopping said threat that they lose themselves with every punch they take. However, Superman and his family are more contained and civilized than a lot of superpowered beings who are fueled by range. The only person to ever kill Superman, Doomsday, is quite literally are the definition of this as Doomsday absorbs every attack they’re hit with.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
Artist Daniel Sampere posted a tweet where he shared a new preview page for Action Comics #1033 by Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Adriano Lucas, and himself. The preview is astounding to look at as Superman, Supergirl, and Superboy descend from the sky with the sun glaring from behind. The issue will focus on the brewing war between Atlantis and the U.S. Readers can infer that the place where they are descending upon is Atlantis, given all the seagulls surrounding the Superfamily.
- Action Comics #1033
- story by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, BECKY CLOONAN, AND MICHAEL W. CONRAD
- art by DANIEL SAMPERE AND MICHAEL AVON OEMING
- cover by DANIEL SAMPERE
- ON SALE 7/27/21
- $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
- variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO US $5.99 (card stock)
- 1:25 variant cover by JEN BARTEL US $5.99 (card stock)
- Atlantis is under attack! Taking in the Warworld refugees also means taking possession of the deadly Warworld tech they brought with them, and holding that much power makes the undersea kingdom a threat to the rest of the world. Can Superman move fast enough to prevent all-out war? Doing so may mean taking the power into his own hands…Meanwhile, some of the escaped Warworld prisoners have found the Fortress of Solitude…and along with it, Lois Lane!
- In our second feature, Midnighter has gone deep into the Trojan compound and found a very unexpected guest whose path he crossed in Future State—none other than Mister Miracle!
Even in all of the artwork’s beauty, something is intimidating about the way that they look. This is because Superman is arriving to talk to his supposed allies and he means business. Superman will be working extra fast to try and halt the sea and land conflict before it turns into an all-out war. However, he can’t do it alone, that’s where Supergirl and Superboy come into the mix. They will be working as a team to try and prevent anything from going too far. However, the solicitation for Action Comics #1033 suggests that the U.S. will attack Atlantis, no matter what.
It seems that Superman, Supergirl, and Superboy will be the only ones to keep a level-headed mind as they realize the potential danger that it spells if either side uses it. Given the history of the world, it can be inferred that it will be eventually used for war. Ultimately, Superman will probably end up taking the technology far away from anyone. Arguably, he is the perfect person to take care of such a dangerous item. Sampere’s cover teases the beginning of this impending war as they make their way down to negotiate peace.
Next: Supergirl Just Confirmed Her and Superman’s Secret Power
The Meaning of Red X’s Name Is Revealed In DC Comics
About The Author